We had finally arrived at the Atlantis Water Park/Resort in the Bahamas!
This is the biggest resort in all of the Bahamas islands.
Typically, the first thing that comes to people’s minds when asked about the Bahamas is one of two things:
- The fabulous beaches that are unique to the Bahamas islands.
- The mythical Atlantis Water Park that creates a world of the water.
However, I noticed a question that’s been circling around the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas.
“Is Atlantis really worth it?”
Well, that’s why I’m here! To give you guys an honest answer to whether or not the Atlantis is worth it.
There’s a good reason Atlantis is rated as one of the best amusement parks and water parks in the world! 😉
Note: This is NOT biased in any way! Even though I am young doesn’t mean I think it is worth it. Furthermore, I don’t really like Disneyland, so hopefully, that makes up for it! LOL!
Is Atlantis Worth the Money?
There are many factors that are involved that determine whether or not Atlantis is worth your hard earned money.
Here’s the deal:
Everyone prioritizes their needs and wants differently. So, it’s up to you to decide whether the Atlantis Resort belongs on your itinerary list.
Here’s the digest:
- The benefits of this unique experience such as the unique memories, the laughs, the thrill of various water slides, and the experience.
- Contrasting with the negatives such as the cost of entry, the cost of activities, and experiences that didn’t live up to the hype.
The Benefits of the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas
In the real world, especially in the traveling realm, the trade-off we often make when buying costly things is for precious memories that we can cherish for a lifetime.
Even if we lose thousands of dollars, we know that our purchase was worth it because of the memories that are made with family and friends.
Atlantis is no different. There’s a reason why this is a Paradise Island Resort.
When things are advertised on T.V., they typically represent a false reality. Everything looks good, presentable, and fun.
But things get better:
The commercial for the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island isn’t a false reality. And this is coming from someone who thinks every commercial is bullshit.
It depicts the right things and actually shows the true Atlantis. From the restaurants in the Atlantis Resort to the water slides that make Atlantis so fun.
Here is the commercial:
I’m telling you now, Atlantis has that vibe!
The bottom line?
Atlantis will definitely create memories for you and your family. The laughter that will come with every water slide that you encounter will make Atlantis that much more exciting.
I think what Atlantis does better than other water parks is their ability to bring families together in a fun way.
But it doesn’t stop there:
This resort/water park offers many activities that allow families to laugh together and smile throughout the whole trip. It’s a time where families can truly bond and feel happy. To feel that fluttering feeling in their heart that can make any kid run up to their parents with a huge smile and say I love you.
Water Parks? I Hear Fun!
If there is one thing that the Atlantis Water Park is known for, it’s the rides that will make your heart beat out of your chest.
Want to feel the thrill of roller coasters without being strapped in?
Then, Atlantis has it all for you!
They have water slides that will make you fly in the air for like 2 seconds, and that’s more than enough time to be in the air without feeling anything below you. LOL.
The cool part?
You have slides that enter you into a world of the underwater life. Having fish swim around you while you are in an underwater cave and have sharks swim around you.
And that’s what Atlantis is known for.
It’s famous for the Mayan temple water slide, and more uniquely, the tube slide that gives you a good view of the predator life while gazing at the majestic beasts in a tube with water rushing from your back to your feet.
The bottom line?
If you are a thrill seeker and want to cool off from the Bahamian tropical weather, then Atlantis is the spot!
The Negatives of This Aquatic Beast
Who’s Paying? Cause it Ain’t Gonna Be Me!
While Atlantis can bring numerous precious memories home, it can also take a hefty load out of your wallet.
Being an upscale water park, it’s no surprise that an admission for one adult is $129 each and $89 for children under 13 years old.
The worst part?
That’s excluding the many activities they offer there, such as the dolphin experience (Dolphin Cay).
But, it really makes you consider the biggest trade-off when buying things.
It’s now become “memories vs. budget.”
This is a really important topic.
Are you willing to spend a little more out of your pocket to experience a one-of-a-kind place that can generate memories that you won’t forget? Or, do you want to pass on the opportunity?
FYI: I’m not trying to persuade you in any way, but the Atlantis is not something that can be visited whenever you want. That is unless you are rich.
As young as I am, I think about the tradeoffs of things. I don’t want to spend money or have someone else spend money on something that I don’t think is worth it. And just like travel, it rewards us with memories and stories that can only be brought for there.
However, I have provided some questions for you:
- Is Atlantis really worth it for you? (Think about whom it’ll benefit. Your family, perhaps?)
- Do you enjoy the activities they are providing? Or, are you already foreseeing boredom?
- Is it something you really want to spend your money on? Or is it something you just want to do because you see it on the internet?
Those are the questions I asked myself to determine whether or not Atlantis is worth the hefty price.
What the Heck Happened to the Rides?
This is probably one of the biggest disappointments.
The Atlantis paradise island Resort is specifically known for its water rides and spectacular buildings that bring thrill and nervousness to even the most experienced rider. That’s something that no one can deny, and I experienced first hand.
However, Atlantis hyped up their water parks. Sadly, they couldn’t really live up to their hype.
The famous Mayan temple ride? It wasn’t that tall as they portrayed it to be.
On the defense, the rides still completed their goal which was to bring happiness and excitement to every visitor.
Final Verdict on Whether Atlantis is Worth It
Money is something we consider every time we invest in a purchase.
I think you can agree with me when I say:
Money doesn’t grow on trees.
Things have to be worth it in order for us to spill our money into it. And I know that some people need that honest answer to convince them that their purchase was worth it.
But that’s why I’m here:
To bluntly and honestly tell you that Atlantis IS worth it!
The investment is worth every penny.
Memories are created, laughs and smiles are distributed, and the overall experience is unique and jaw-dropping.
All activities were surprising and exploded your mind and heart with new encounters.
Sadly, I couldn’t stay in the actual rooms provided by the Atlantis Resort, but my final verdict still maintains its ethos because my review is about the encounters and overall experiences inside the hotel and out.
Now that we have gotten through whether or not the Atlantis is worth it, here are some of the MUST DO’s at the Atlantis Resort/Water Park.
Best Things to do at the Atlantis
Slip n’ Slide Through the Incredible Water Slides that Dominate this Land
The main attraction in all of Atlantis: the water slides!
Who doesn’t like getting wet and screaming with excitement at the same time?
You have twists and turns, drops, incredible heights, tremendous speed, and dark tubes.
Since lines are inevitable and time is of the essence, here is a list of some of the rides that are worth the line:
- Leap of Faith: A perfect example of an iconic ride that offers a near vertical drop that will scare the living shit out of even the most daring adventurer.
- Serpent Slide: With the first part reserved for the darkness and the speed, you result in the famous tunnel that provides an extraordinary view that can’t be missed. What’s better than leisurely floating through a tunnel with sharks swimming around you with a menacing flow?
- The Abyss: Want to shit your pants? Ride this 50-foot near vertical drop water slide. You are in complete darkness, and for a couple of seconds, you are in the air! Yea, you heard me right. Quite possibly the scariest ride in Atlantis. The best part? You slide into an amazing underwater cave with fish swimming to the left of you! The best ending to a crazy, fun water slide.
- The Surge: Want a fun and bearable water ride? Head over to The Surge for quick twists and the speed of white water rapids caused by a flash flood, which results in a warm, swift current of the lazy river.
- Challenger Ride: Located at the iconic Mayan temple, the Challenger Ride offers a friendly challenge between you and your opponent on the slide next to you. Check your time at the bottom of the slide and make friends with your opponent!
The Flow of Relaxation
Are you exhausted from all of the screaming and standing?
Here is your remedy:
- Lazy River: The name says it all! Just lay back and relax while the lush scenery makes you feel like you are floating down the Amazon River.
- The Current: Love waves like I do? Well, ride on an inner tube while waves and extreme rapids make you experience an enjoyable, yet relaxing current.
Beaches on Paradise Island
There are three beaches that are worth visiting, as broad and cliche as it sounds, every local recommended the beaches on the Paradise Island.
So, here are the three best beaches to visit:
- Cove Beach: The best beach to unwind and gently swim in the shallow waters of the ocean.
- Paradise Beach: Another beach that resembles the tranquility of the Bahamas is Paradise Beach. Luring every soul with its warm, crystal clear waters.
- Atlantis Beach: Located at the heart of Atlantis, Atlantis Beach brings fun to every visitor with its action packed environment.
Lose Your Breath at the Incredible Marine Habitats
As the Atlanteans disappeared and faded away as their demise remained a mystery, the fish have moved in and made Atlantis their home!
While Atlantis incorporates a fabled history of the Atlanteans, they make sure that they highlight the new locals.
I figured that this incredible building that lies on an island holds something a lot more magical than the largest water slides. They have a large collection of tropical fish that pose as a spectacular show for the oncoming visitors.
Here are the best marine exhibits in the Atlantis:
- The Dig: Experience a mixture between the fabled history of the Atlanteans and the tropical fish that swim past you with grace and beauty.
- Predator Lagoon: Trek through a clear tunnel and watch as the predators of the sea swim all around you.
- Water’s Edge Lagoon: Enjoy a variety of exotic marine animals that swim in the tranquil waters that sparkle from the sun lights rays.
- Seagrapes Lagoon: Housed in a Bahamian cave where exotic reef fish and stingrays gracefully flow through the water, this humungous marine habitat can take anyone’s breath away. It offers close up views of the marine life in their natural-like habitats.
Ultimately, Atlantis is a big investment. If you are looking to stay the hotel or just looking to purchase a day pass, spending your money here is something that needs to be thought out.
Throughout this really detailed review as to why I think it is a good investment, it’s ultimately up to you.
Always ask yourself, how will this benefit me or my family?
The bottom line?
Atlantis Resort/Water Park is completely worth it!
P.S. This is purely my opinion. Everyone is subject to their own opinion, but this review is meant to open the blinds to see the big picture.